One of the most lucrative and popular areas of the law field involves drunk driving and calls for a DWI Lawyer.
DWI stands for Driving While Intoxicated and Drunk driving is considered the act of operating/driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs in which both mental and motor skills are impaired.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimated that 17,941 people died in they year 2006 in alcohol-related collisions, representing 40% of total traffic deaths in the United States.
New Jersey enacted the first law that criminalized the driving of an automobile while intoxicated, back in 1906
The National Transportation Safety Board recommended, back in 2013, that all 50 states lower the benchmark for determining when a driver is legally drunk from 0.08 blood-alcohol content to 0.05.
Each day, people drive drunk almost 300,000 times, but fewer than 4,000 are arrested (FBI)
According to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention:
- In 2013, 10,076 people were killed in alcohol-impaired automobile crashes, which accounted for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
- Of the 1,149 traffic fatalities among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2013, 200, which is 17%, involved an alcohol-impaired driver.
- Of the 200 child passengers aged 14 and younger who lost their lives in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in the year 2013, over half (121) were riding in the vehicle with an alcohol-impaired driver.
- In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or narcotics.
- Drugs other than alcohol (marijuana, cocaine, etc) are involved in about 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths. These other drugs are often used in combination with alcoholic substances.
Laws can vary from state to state and when many people get a DWI they turn to a DWY Lawyer to help them out.
A DWI Lawyer works specifically in DWI law and specializes in helping the accused defend themselves in the court of law.
Often times a DWI Lawyer will attack the methods in which an arresting officer conducting a field sobriety test as well as how they processed the accused when arrested.
Since there is protocol to follow and a DWI lawyer is aware of this, they will try to poke holes in the process in question which, if errors are indeed found, can help the case of the accused.
Steeper penalties are more likely for repeat offenders and often times a drivers license can be either suspended or revoked (sometimes permanently)
With the DWI/DUI law market so competitive, we are proud to offer the following domains for sale:
Personal Injury Law
Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Attorney
To make an offer for any of the above domains/websites simply email: